The creation of opportunities for Tuscans and Americans to expand and extend their familiarity with one another’s world and to intensify and enrich their ties of friendship and mutual understanding through the promotion of cultural social and educational exchanges between Tuscany and the United States of America. This is the mission which our Association will continue to pursue together with Tuscans, Americans, the U.S. Consulate General in Florence, the Region of Tuscany and other Tuscan and American institutions. Founded in 1995, the Tuscan American Association has since promoted and organized various cultural and celebrative events which enhance the friendship between Tuscany and United States.
Since 1996, the Tuscan American Association has offered traditional annual events in recognition of the close ties between Tuscany and the United States:
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Welcome Day for American students studying in Tuscany
- The Tuscan American Award ceremony on the occasion of Welcome Day
- Holiday Best Wishes in December
- A reception in honor of the United States’ Presidents’ Day in February